Buying insurance for your vehicle can be confusing, frustrating, and expensive, especially if you don't have someone to explain the ins and outs of what you are actually buying! I found this really great article from Erie Insuran...
Buying insurance for your vehicle can be confusing, frustrating, and expensive, especially if you don't have someone to explain the ins and outs of what you are actually buying! I found this really great article from Erie Insurance with lots of resources and explanations of coverage. The best part is that it's written for everyone to understand, whether this is your first time buying a car or you've had many different vehicles and insurance policies, but no one has taken the time to go over coverage options with you and explain what they mean. Make sure to check out the videos below too! They are really informative.
When it comes to auto insurance, there are a lot of companies and coverage choices. How do you know who to trust and what’s essential? Some of the insurance terms like endorsements or comprehensive and collision coverage may also be a bit confusing. And what about those extras you can add on? Which ones do you need?
We’ve pulled together some of our best resources to make the experience of shopping for auto insurance easier. We’ll explore the ins and outs of coverage and what you should consider when buying or renewing your auto insurance policy.
Finding the auto insurance coverage that’s best for you
Whether you’re buying your first set of used wheels or a brand new car, you’ll need protection and service. Auto insurance kicks in for those unexpected mishaps—from a minor dent to a more serious crash. It also helps protect you, your passengers and your pets as well as some of the prized possessions being transported in your car.
- Infographic: Your Auto Insurance Renewal Guide: Learn more about standard and customized coverages, discounts and more with this visual guide.
- Understanding Your Auto Coverage: Depending on your state’s requirements for auto insurance and what limits and options you pick, your auto policy typically includes six common coverages. Find out what they are.
- Getting the Best Value for Your Auto Insurance Needs: You may be eligible for valuable discounts on your auto policy. Check out a list of discounts.
- Understanding Auto Insurance and ERIE’s Extras: ERIE customers get lots of extras that are built into their auto insurance policy. Discover some of the things that you’re covered for (and always have been).
Understanding auto insurance terminology
With coverage, you may wonder about some of the terminology used in your policy. Here are four common auto insurance terms and what they mean.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage [Video]: This coverage can help you when you’re involved in an accident with a driver who may not have sufficient insurance coverage or no coverage at all.
- Collision and Comprehensive Coverage [Video]: Collision insurance covers your car or truck when it’s in an accident with another vehicle. Comprehensive insurance covers damage that’s not caused by a collision with another vehicle, such as fire or theft.
Exploring coverage options and additional protection worth considering
Almost in the same way that you could customize your car or truck, you can customize your auto insurance coverage. For instance, you may want to add emergency road service or rental car reimbursement coverage to your auto policy. The extra services do not cost a lot, and you’ll be glad to have them when you need them. Here’s more information about some of the options.
- How To Get Road Service Coverage with an Auto Policy: When you experience an unlucky break with your car, like a flat tire or a mechanical failure, emergency road service can help save the day. Read this article for the details.
- Does My Auto Insurance Cover Rental Cars? Customers often ask us about rental cars and what’s covered. Get straightforward answers to common questions.
- Understanding Auto Insurance Endorsements: Learn more about why an endorsement is a good way to add extra coverage to your policy without having to purchase an entirely new one.
To review your current coverage, get in touch with an insurance advisor. Every Erie Insurance auto policy comes with a local insurance agent who will give you that personal touch—coverages you need and nothing you don’t, all at a great price. To get an insurance experience that’s personal, fair and affordable, contact an ERIE agent today.
M & M Insurance Agency, Inc., your trusted local independent insurance agent, is here to guide you through the coverage options and help you pick the right insurance plan for you! We proudly represent Erie Insurance and one of our trained professionals would love to talk to you about your coverage options. Call us today for a quote!